The Petero Civoniceva Foundation
A sport, health and education charity…
The Petero Civoniceva Foundation is a Fijian registered charitable trust that aims to harness the power of sport to promote healthy lifestyle choices. The aim of the Foundation is to provide the people of Fiji “a sporting chance for a brighter future” and create inclusive programmes for all genders, abilities and races. We deliver our programmes across the country using sport as the tool to help reduce the number of Fijians with Type 2 diabetes through education on physical activity and good nutrition.
- The Petero Civoniceva Foundation has delivered its “Get Healthy with Petero” programme to primary schools, pre-schools and early intervention special schools.
- The Foundation has introduced a road safety initiative called “Look, Think, Act, which is delivered in schools Viti Levu as well as being showcased on TV and in newspapers.
- There have been more than 5000 direct beneficiaries of the Foundation’s programmes, with ages ranging from 1 years old to 70+ years old
- The Petero Civoniceva Foundation has donated more than 1200 copies of “Petero: a Fijian Hero” to schools, libraries and communitie
- The Foundation has raised over FJD$5000 for insulin needles for Diabetes Fiji
- Every school the Foundation has engaged has received teacher training and resource packs to ensure the longevity and sustainability of our programmes
- The Foundation manages the West Fiji Dolphins Rugby League team and now have a U18’s and Premier team.
- The Foundation has delivered Bootcamps to corporate organisations throughout Fiji as a way of combating NCD’s in Fiji
- The most highly-regarded organisations in Fiji and Australia support the Petero Civoniceva Foundation. These include Fiji Water, Toyota, Merchant Finance, Total, Fiji Times, Matata Pacific, Pacific Custom Sportswear and the Land Transport Authority, Pure Fiji, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education, Fiji Sports Council, Fiji Sun.